Bitumen - Rubber Based Waterproofing Products / Bitumen-Rubber Based, Cement and Fiber Modified, 2 Component, Liquid Membrane
SCHOUBIT 2K is a two component, bitumen-rubber based and reinforced with fiber and elastomeric resins, elastic and quick dry liquid membrane. By evaporation of water it contains, it adheres firmly to the applied surface and forms an elastic waterproof layer.
Fields of Application
- In all horizontal and vertical applications, building base, underground storehouses and basements insulation and for insulating water leakages in wet areas such as bathroom, kitchen, balcony, toilets.
- For the applications that required higher durability against water pressure or on cracked surface, it can be reinforced with fiber glass, polyester felt, reinforcing fabric etc.
Features and Benefits
- Applied as cold. Does not require heating or thinning.
- Ready to use.
- Provides a seamless insulation layer.
- Suitable for interior applications because of non-toxic and non-flammable content.
- Adheres perfectly to all kind of surfaces, even when the surface is moist.
- Covers the capillary cracks.
- Provides permanent elasticity.
Preparation of Substrate
Application surface must be dry, clean and clean off materials which prevent bonding, such as dust, oil, rust and remove loose pieces. Sharp tips and horizontal/vertical joints which are suitable cracking should be chamfered with PH 55 or REPAMERK 1. Big pores and cracks should be filled with REPAMERK 301 repair mortar. To ensure strong adherence, avoid dust, and improve durability, non-metallic surfaces must be undercoated with B PR 101, and metallic surfaces must be undercoated with B PR 102.
SCHOUBIT 2K is cold applicable. Powder B component in the bag is poured into liquid A component under low speed mixer, they are mixed together until there remains no lump, getting homogenous mixture. After they are mixed, it is applied with a bitumen brush or trowel. Depending on the weather conditions, it dries approximately in 1 - 2 hours. It can be applied on damp surfaces, but not on wet surfaces. It should not be applied under the rain or when the temperature lower than +5°C. Next layer should be applied when the previous layer completely dry.
3,0 - 5,0 kg/m² for two layers
24 kg bitumen emulsion + 8 kg powder = 32 kg as a set
Bitumen-Aluminum Based Reflective Paint
Bitumen-Rubber Based, Anti-root, Super Elastic Liquid Membrane
Bitumen-Rubber Based, Cement and Fiber Modified, 2 Component, Liquid Membrane
Bitumen-Rubber Based, One Component, Liquid Membrane
Bitumen-Rubber Based, Single Component, Super Elastic Liquid Membrane
Bitumen-Rubber Modified, Water Based, Elastomeric Liquid Membrane
Bitumen-SBS Rubber Based, Elastomeric Liquid Membrane
Bitumen Emulsion (Bitumen Primer)
Bituminous Membrane Primer