Bitumen - Rubber Based Waterproofing Products / Bitumen-Rubber Based, One Component, Liquid Membrane
SCHOUBIT W is a bitumen-rubber modified, water-based, ready-to-use, reinforced with elastomeric polymer resin additives, single-component liquid coating used against water and moisture. By the evaporation of the water it contains, it adheres firmly to the applied surface and forms an elastic waterproof layer.
Fields of Application
- It can be used on all horizontal and vertical surfaces.
- It is used for the external insulation of foundations, underground constructions, basements,etc.
- It is used for insulating water leakages in closed damp environments such as bathrooms, kitchens, toilets, etc.
- For the applications requiring durability against higher water pressure, and on cracked surfaces, it must be reinforced with polyester felt, reinforcing fabric, fibermesh, etc.
Features and Benefits
- Easy to apply.
- It provides a seamless insulation layer.
- As a water-based material it is environment.
- Due to its non flammable and non-toxic characteristics it can be safely used in closed spaces.
- It enables good adhesion even when the surface is moist.
- It provides permanent elasticity.
- It is ready to use.
- As a cold applied material, it does not require heating or thinning.
Preparation of Substrate
The application surface should be without dust, rust, dirt, grease and oil. The loose parts should be scrapped out. B PR 101 bitumen emulsion on concrete surfaces and B PR 102 on metal surfaces can be used as primer to ensure good adhesion. The sharp corners should be rounded and horizontal-vertical joints should be angled with PH 55. The large pores and the cracks should be repaired with REPAMERK 301 repair mortar.
SCHOUBIT W is a cold applied and ready to use material, it do not need to dilution. After mixing, it can be applied with a bitumen brush, airless pump or trowel. Depending on weather conditions, it dries in approximately 5-6 hours. It should not be applied in rainy weather, and when the temperature below +5°C. Next layer should be applied on dry layer.
0,80 -1,0 kg/m² for each layer. Recommended at least 2 layers application.
17 kg metal pail
200 kg drum
Bitumen-Rubber Based, Anti-root, Super Elastic Liquid Membrane - BROOT 120
Bitumen-Aluminum Based Reflective Paint - ALUCOAT
Bitumen-Rubber Modified, Water Based, Elastomeric Liquid Membrane - SCHOUBIT 1K
Bitumen-Rubber Based, Single Component, Super Elastic Liquid Membrane - SCHOUBIT PLAST 1K
Bituminous Membrane Primer - B PR 100
Bitumen-SBS Rubber Based, Elastomeric Liquid Membrane - BLM 117
Bitumen Solution - B PR 102
Bitumen Emulsion (Bitumen Primer) - B PR 101
Bitumen-Rubber Based, One Component, Liquid Membrane - SCHOUBIT W
Bitumen-Rubber Based, Cement and Fiber Modified, 2 Component, Liquid Membrane - SCHOUBIT 2K