Cement Based Waterproofing Products / Cement-Acrylic Based, Two Component, Flexible, UV Resistant, Waterproofing Material
White cement and acrylic based, two components, super elastic waterproofing material with excellent UV resistant.
Fields of Application
- Indoor and outdoor, horizontal and vertical applications from the direction of water.
- Isolation of walkable terrace roofs (only under light weights).
- Wet areas such as bathroom, kitchen, balcony.
- Swimming pools, potable and tap water reservoirst.
- Groundwork isolation, retaining walls and basement insulation.
- Irrigation channels, manholes, concrete pipes.
- Facilities such as spa and hamams
- Against salty water where water impermeability and protection is needed.
Features and Benefits
- Elastic, do not shrink and crack.
- Resistant to UV.
- Water impermeable, resistant to 7 bars positive water pressure.
- Highly resistant to carbon dioxide and chlorine ions.
- Excellent adhesion property.
- Forms a perfect isolation layer under ceramic and screed due to its flexibility and high bonding property.
- High water vapour permeability allows the concrete to breathe.
- Safe to apply on uncovered deck roofs exposed to light loads.
- Provides seamless water isolation without joints.
- Can be used safely in drinking water tanks.
Preparation of Substrate
Application substrate must be dry, sound, mainly smooth, clean and fine pored. The application surface must be clear of materials which prevent bonding, such as oil, rust, paint, silicone, curing agents, detergents and paraffin wax. Weak parts of the concrete must be repaired, plasters that are not well adhered must be removed, the surface must be flat and sound, static cracks on the building must be repaired with a plaster containing LATEX or REPAMERK 301. Holes that have water outflow must be filled with WATERSHOCK. The surface must be saturated with water and must be kept moist during the application. On vertical and horizontal corners fillet with min. 4 cm radius must be applied.
Pour liquid Part B into a clean mixing container and slowly add powder Part A while mixing with a 400-600 rpm mixer. Continue mixing for at least 3-5 minutes until a homogenous and uniform mixture is obtained. Wait for 3-5 minutes and mix again for approximately 30 seconds and becomes ready to use. Prepared CHIMEX 233 mixture is applied by brush or trowel as two or three layers. Brush application direction in each layer must be perpendicular to each other. Minimum 5 - 6 hours and maximum 24 hours, must be waited after first coat application at +20°C. Second layer must be applied before the first layer is not completely dry. In case the first layer is dry, the surface must be moisturized again before the application of the second layer. The surface must be protected from sunlight and prevented from drying quickly, for 3 days after the application of the second layer. It is recommended to use a mesh between the layers. Using mesh increases the reinforcing properties of the product. It gains mechanical strength in 3 days, becomes waterproof in 7 days. It gains final strength in 14 days. Ambient and substrate temperature should be between +5°C to +35°C during the application. Also application should not be made in very hot, rainy or windy weathers.
1,5 kg/m² is applied on each layer. It is recommended that at least 2 coats. Recommended 3 coats if the application will be uncovered. Third coat is 1,0 kg/m².
33 kg set
Component A: 25 kg kraft bag
Component B: 8 kg plastic drum
Cement-Acrylic Based, Two-Component, Full-Elastic Waterproofing Material - CHIMEX 127
Cement Based, Set in 3-4 Seconds, Shock Setting Water Plug - TURBOPLUG
Cement-Acrylic Based, Two Component, Waterproofing Material for Negative-Positive Applications - CHIMEX 227
Cement Based, Fast Setting, Waterproofing Material (Waterplug) - WATERSHOCK
Cement-Acrylic Based, Two Component, Flexible Waterproofing Material for Negative-Positive Application - CHIMEX 235
Cement-Acrylic Based, Two-Component Semi-Elastic Waterproofing Material - CHIMEX 125
Cement Based, Crystalized Waterproofing Material - CRYSTAL 25
Cement-Acrylic Based, Two Component, Flexible, UV Resistant, Waterproofing Material - CHIMEX 233