Cement Based Waterproofing Products / Cement-Acrylic Based, Two Component, Flexible Waterproofing Material for Negative-Positive Application
Cement and acrylic based, super elastic, two component, resistant to positive and negative water pressure waterproofing material with high crack bridging property.
Fields of Application
- Indoor and outdoor for horizontal and vertical applications,
- Groundwork isolation,retaining walls and basement isolation subject to slight vibrance,
- Elevator pits,
- Water tanks and swimming pools (under the coverage),
- Isolation of terrace roofs (under the coverage),
- Irrigation channels, manholes, concrete pipes,
- Wet areas such as bathroom, kitchen, balcony,
- Facilities such as spa and hamams,
- To protect concrete from water, carbonation and salts.
Features and Benefits
- Resistant to negative and positive water pressure.
- Elastic, does not shrink and crack.
- Provides highly performing water isolation.
- Forms a perfect isolation layer under ceramic and screed due to its flexibility and high bonding property.
- Highly resistant to carbon dioxide and chlorine ions.
- High water vapour permeability allows the concrete to breathe.
- Covers cracks up to 0.60 mm when applied as 2 mm thick and up to 1.20 mm when reinforced with waterproofing fiber mesh.
- Not affected temperature changing after curing.
- Provides seamless water isolation without joints.
- Can be used safely in drinking water tanks.
Preparation of Substrate
Application substrate must be dry, sound, mainly smooth, clean and fine pored. The application surface must be clear of materials which prevent bonding, such as oil, dust, paint, silicone, curing agents, detergents and paraffin wax. Weak parts of the concrete must be repaired, plasters that are not well adhered must be removed, the surface must be flat and sound, static cracks on the building must be repaired with a plaster containing LATEX or REPAMERK 301. Holes that have water outflow must be filled with WATERSHOCK. The surface must be saturated with water and must be kept moist during the application. Perpendicular corners should be beveled.
Pour liquid Part B into a clean mixing container and slowly add powder Part A while mixing with a 400-600 rpm mixer. Continue mixing for at least 3-5 minutes until a homogenous and uniform mixture is obtained. Wait for 3-5 minutes and mix again for approximately 30 seconds and becomes ready to use. Prepared CHIMEX 235 mixture is applied by brush or trowel as two or three layers. Brush application direction in each layer must be perpendicular to each other. Minimum 5 - 6 hours and maximum 24 hours, must be waited after first coat application at +20°C. Second layer must be applied before the first layer is not completely dry. In case the first layer is dry, the surface must be moisturized again before the application of the second layer. The surface must be protected from sunlight and prevented from drying quickly, for 3 days after the application of the second layer. It is recommended to use a mesh between the layers. Using mesh increases the reinforcing properties of the product. It gains mechanical strength in 3 days, becomes waterproof in 7 days. It gains final strength in 14 days. Ambient and substrate temperature should be between +5°C to +35°C during the application. Also application should not be made in very hot, rainy or windy weathers.
1,25 - 1,5 kg/m² is applied on each layer. It is recommended that at least 2 coats. Recommended 3 coats if required high protection.
35 kg set Component
A: 25 kg kraft bag Component
B: 10 kg plastic drum
Cement-Acrylic Based, Two-Component, Full-Elastic Waterproofing Material - CHIMEX 127
Cement Based, Set in 3-4 Seconds, Shock Setting Water Plug - TURBOPLUG
Cement-Acrylic Based, Two Component, Waterproofing Material for Negative-Positive Applications - CHIMEX 227
Cement Based, Fast Setting, Waterproofing Material (Waterplug) - WATERSHOCK
Cement-Acrylic Based, Two Component, Flexible Waterproofing Material for Negative-Positive Application - CHIMEX 235
Cement-Acrylic Based, Two-Component Semi-Elastic Waterproofing Material - CHIMEX 125
Cement Based, Crystalized Waterproofing Material - CRYSTAL 25
Cement-Acrylic Based, Two Component, Flexible, UV Resistant, Waterproofing Material - CHIMEX 233