Bitumen-Aluminum Based Reflective Paint - ALUCOAT
ALUCOAT is single component, reflective aluminum pigment content, UV resistant, bitumen aluminum solution with excellent adhesion properties to bituminous surfaces.
Fields of Application
- To protect bituminous waterproofing materials against the harmful effects of UV light.
- To decrease the heat accumulation on surfaces of metal or concrete tanks and other buildings during daytime.
- To provide solar protection and aesthetic look to applied bituminous waterproofing materials on domes, vaults, north walls and prefabricated gutters.
- To protect tanks, pipes, gutters, etc. from corrosion with applied as a topcoat on BLM 117 or other bituminous materials.
Features and Benefits
- UV resistant. It provides long service life to bituminous waterproofing.
- Reflective properties provide a cool and more comfortable atmosphere for interior buildings.
- It improves aesthetic look of the buildings.
- Has excellent adhesion properties.
- Has excellent abrasion resistance.
- Fast curing. Resistant to weathering conditions.
Preparation of Substrate
The bituminous waterproofing must be completed and in good condition. The surface has to have a slop for preventing water hole. Surface must be dry, dust free, oil free and clean.
ALUCOAT is ready to use, no need to dilution and applied as cold. After opening the can; before and during the application, it must be stirred well. It can be applied with brush, roller or spray as one layer. If it is going to be applied on bituminous membranes, protective PE coating on membrane must be removed or burned.
0,200 - 0,250 kg/m² for each layer. Recommended 2 coats application.
4,5 kg metal can
17 kg metal pail