Acrylic Polymer Based, Swelling Waterstop - SWELLBAND A
SWELLBAND A is an acrylic polymer based sealing material that swell in contact with water.
Fields of Application
- On swimming pools,
- On water tanks,
- On water purifying system,
- On construction joints,
- On joint of curtain walls with building foundation,
- Where contact with the concrete of steel profiles and pipes,
- On PVC pipes of input and output as a water-retaining flange,
- Used to sealing arease that are exposed to sea water.
Features and Benefits
- Easy to apply.
- Applicable on wide range substrates.
- Easy application even with huge amount of rebar.
- Swelling occurs in a controlled. Does not swollen suddenly cast in concrete and does not damage the concrete.
- Allows the filling of possible gaps and create a water barrier in the reinforced concrete structure of the material with changing size by swelling.
- Resistant to highly salt water and various chemicals.
Preparation of Substrate
The surface must be clean and dry. It must not be applied to wet, frozen, greasy or dusty surfaces, and under wet weather conditions. SWELLBAND A should be protected from humidity and rain before the application.
Roll out required amount of SWELLBAND A, SUPER TACK 290 is placed in the middle of the joints and SWELLBAND A is glued on it and fixed on the surface. Place seams side by side or end to end; do not overlap. Make sure waterstop covers all parts of the surface, especially for surfaces which are not perfect in shape. Placed to concrete in a controlled. Protect the surface from water until placed the concrete. It is not suitable for the movement joints.
Depends on application areas.
5 mm x 20 mm - 20 m/box
10 mm x 20 mm - 10 m/box