Polyurethane-Coal Tar Based, Two Component, Joint Sealant - PUK 401
PUK 401 is a polyurethane-coal tar based, two component, cold applied, self-leveling joint sealant with excellent adhesion performance, abrasion, UV light, mechanical, chemical and jet fuel resistance.
Fields of Application
- PUK 401 is produced especially for airports, runways, park areas, hangars, loading areas
- It is suitable for road and concrete areas such as in tunnel, bridge, canals, petrol stations, stadiums, sidewalks, refinery and petrochemicals, harbor and other industrial facilities
- It is suitable for all kinds of horizontal outdoor joints.
Features and Benefits
- Provides permanent high elasticity at temperatures between -35°C to +85°C.
- Cold applicable.
- Suitable for joints of expressways and roads with heavy traffic conditions.
- Resistant to abrasion.
- Has excellent adhesion on different surfaces such as concrete, wood, metal etc.
- Resistant to UV.
- Resistant to jet fuels, oils, acids and bases.
Preparation of Substrate
The surface must be dry and clean before application. All joints before filling shall be carefully cleaned by metal brushing or sanding. The dust should be removed by pressured air. PUK 401 causes foaming when applied on moist surfaces. Therefore the joints must be dry and the sealant must not contact water until chemical curing occurs.
Component A and B is mixed under low speed mixer until homogenous mixture obtained. Mixture must be used within 30-45 minutes. Otherwise gelling occurs and it cannot be recovered.
A component + B component = 5 kg set